Saturday, October 01, 2005

More words that say come . . . here . . .

This past Tuesday, the four of us (Sacred Companions) wasted the day in His presence. Maggie shared some of the following, just as someone had shared with her the Sunday before . . .

Wherever I go, I have been anticipated. The Risen Christ is there ahead of me. What is He doing? What is He saying? What is going on? I am always coming in on something that is already going on.

He's going on ahead of you . . . that's the message.

Prevenient grace is grace which comes first. It precedes all human decision and endeavor. Grace always means that it is God who takes the initiative and implies the priority of God's action on behalf of needy sinners. That is the whole point of grace: it does not start with us, it starts with God; it is not earned or merited by us, it is freely and lovingly given to us who have no resources or deservings of our own.

This has been a week of entering new rooms . . . crossing thresholds . . . aware . . .

I have been anticipated . . .

come . . . here . . .

Deo Gratias!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jaime G said...

The words of your last post and this one have helped me this week. I stepped into a place completely new and I needed to KNOW that I was anticipated... I am percolating these words.

Thank you!
Deo Gratias!

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home