Friday, October 28, 2005

The essence of prayer is to hear the voice of another, of Christ, but likewise to hear the voice of each person I meet in whom Christ also addresses me. His voice comes to me in every human voice, and his face is infinitely varied. It is present in the face of the wayfarer on the road to Emmaus; it is present in the gardener speaking to Mary Magdalen, it is present in my next door neighbour. God became incarnate so that man might contemplate his face in every face. Perfect prayer seeks this presence of Christ and recognizes it in every human face. The unique image of Christ is the ikon, but every human face is an ikon of Christ, discovered by a prayerful person. (Catherine de Hueck Doherty)

I have been blessed listening to your voices and I am full of gratitude.

DEO GRATIAS!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

And sometimes the image bearer is on the other side of a computer screen...but the face of Christ is revealed in the heart of the words.

I "see" His face each time I "listen" to you speak...I am grateful when you share your words and I encourage you to write more when you can!

11:11 PM  
Blogger gloria said...

Every time we sing in church of His glory filling the whole earth I think of people. His glory is in nature, to be sure, but his glory/his image is in us, on us. We are his glory, we fill the earth. It fills me with wonder!

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home