Saturday, November 05, 2005

Psalm 139:16 In your book were written all the days that were formed for me, when none of them yet existed.

God chose that I should come to be in a particular place and time, of particular parents, and all the rest. Today I pause to reflect on God's choices for me . . . raising my mind (heart) to God my maker . . . for he continues making me.

An Artist's Impression Anneke Kaai
The multi-coloured, round shape represents all of a person's thinking and doing. The brightness that surrounds this shape expresses the idea that "your hand rests on me." The artist is overcome by the realization that it is impossible to hide from God, to flee from him. Even if a person should mount up with the wings of the morning, or soar into the dark place of death, the light, symbol for God, is present everywhere--behind and in front, a guiding "right" hand.

Deo Gratias

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home