Wednesday, July 20, 2005


The first words I learned were beautiful . . . come here . . . I still love hearing them.

It took me awhile to learn the difference between words spoken with all of you . . . your legs . . . your arms . . . your eyes . . . and . . . . those from the mouth alone. Words made flesh.

So . . . for me. . . language has had very little to do with words and much to do with everything else.

I am choosing to blog (smile)! This morning we read the following while visiting Gloria's:

"...when she was done, she said to me, 'You know, my eyes ain't too good at all. I can't see nothing but the general shape of things, so I got to rely on my heart. Why don't you go on and tell me everything about yourself so I can see you with my heart."
--From Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo

Now, those are words with arms!

They say . . . come here.

Deo Gratias!

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin Bennett said...

Words with arms--beautiful. I love what you have to say.
What is your name so I can add you to my links? :)

10:08 PM  
Blogger gloria said...

When I read those words I immediately thought of you, you in blogland, you and your big, beautiful heart.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Judith Hougen said...

You say so much with so few words. Lovely.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home