Tuesday, August 02, 2005

THE CORACLE . . . it speaks of a journey . . . a symbol of faithful vulnerability.

I have contrasting images . . .

"My own plans are made. While I can, I sail east in The Dawn Treader. When she fails me, I paddle east in my coracle. When she sinks, I shall swim east with my four paws. And when I can swim no longer, if I have not reached Aslan's country, or shot over the edge of the world in some vast cataract, I shall sink with my nose to the sunrise." from The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, C. S. Lewis

and . . .

Picture . . . a little celtic boat so light that it rides high in the water . . . not influenced by the currents. Going where the wind blows. The way to heaven . . . letting go . . . entrusting the fragile craft of our existence to God's care and relying on the wisdom of the captain to bring us safely to our destination. (The Coracle Trust)

The Little Gold Boat, painting by Bridget Macaulay

For your grace . . . Deo Gratias!

4 Comments:

Blogger jeffmacsimus said...

all these little boats... floating on the internet, floating on Grace... some tossed, some stilled... all of us headed for the Utter East... a sweet picture.

Sun and cool breezes to you..

10:44 AM  
Blogger Grandma and Grandpa Benson said...

. . . one with purple sails . . .

11:41 AM  
Blogger gloria said...

I have too many words... I don't know what to comment except to say that I will be reading this one over and over again.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Judith Hougen said...

The image of the coracle has been significant to me since early summer. I may well blog about it myself. Thanks for your words.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home