Tuesday, July 26, 2005

It's Monday . . .

I had lunch with my sister.
She knows my story
and I know hers . . .
enough to finish one another's sentences.

I noticed something today . . .
it's hard to listen
when you know so much . . .
every sentence arriving in paragraphs . . .
all that knowing filling up spaces meant for
something brand new.

Wait a minute . . . I said . . . I'm calling a do-over.

Let's begin again . . . over lunch? . . . next Monday?

For my sister . . . and do-overs! Deo Gratias!

2 Comments:

Blogger gloria said...

That picture is AWESOME! I love do-overs!

10:34 AM  
Blogger jeffmacsimus said...

That is awesome... I too often feel the weight of "history" on those conversational moments. Lighten up, Jeff, and let the now resound with chords of its own. Thanks yet again for a needed reminder.

Oh, and "Fiat Lux?" "Let there be Light".

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home