Monday, August 01, 2005


LIMINAL PLACE

(reference Jan's blog)

"The place between two world views is a liminal place. It is a place of dying and rebirth, even of metamorphosis, the place where the caterpillar spins its cocoon and disappears from view. Liminality is where all transformation happens." Len Hjalmarson

For twenty-five years, I have ended every day in almost the same way. Before I go to sleep . . . aware of God's loving presence . . . I have asked myself two questions . . .

For what moment today am I most grateful? What moved me closer to God?

For what moment today am I least grateful? What moved me away from God?

I have asked these questions in many ways throughout the years . . . sure delivery to the "limina" (the latin word for threshold) between two worlds . . . and the freedom to choose . . .

Deo Gratias!

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin Bennett said...

What a unique and intriguing picture. And so clearly showing the liminal space between two worlds.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home