Sunday, August 14, 2005

PAR-TAY DIEM

I am preparing . . . a feast . . . a festival of lights . . . a night filled with music . . . a birthday party . . . celebrating a life . . . my brother-in-law's.

It's impossible to celebrate his life without celebrating my sister-in-law. Over the past few weeks I've spent time reflecting on their journey . . . memories of LIFE . . . thus far. Many are shared memories.

Because of them my life is larger . . . I hear music . . . view art . . . and travel places . . . that might yet be hidden from me were it not for their lives in mine. All creating opportunities for me to grow . . . transcending me . . . outside of my small story.

Saturday evening . . . using my brush . . . I hope to make my gratitude visible for all the paint their lives have splashed on mine.

Praying . . . every moment whispers to each heart . . . that bidden or bidden not . . . God is present.

L'CHAIM! Deo Gratias!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home