Sunday, November 06, 2005


The House Mom and Dad Built

I spent the day with my mom . . . driving around to all of the houses we had lived in . . . beginning with the one she and dad built the first year they were married.

We took pictures . . . she talked . . . I listened.

I've heard most of these stories before . . . still . . . everytime she tells them I hear something new . . . something I haven't heard before. Today was no different . . . encouraging me . . . God is not yet finished with us.

We ended our day over a cup of tea in a local tea room. Mom . . . I asked . . . have you ever thought about how much of our life world is our making; and how much is God's?

What a conversation . . . to be continued . . . ! Deo Gratias!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

I spent this same evening talking with my dad about his years in the Marines...reflecting on his story then and our story now. Powerful connecting times indeed.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home